Most executives, and especially recently-promoted senior leaders, often deal with challenges in understanding the dilemmas and issues facing their organizations, planning for external uncertainties, while at the same time creating highly effective leadership teams.
In our coaching plans, we help each person stand at the center of the fray of their life and their leadership responsibilities by leveraging four fundamental leadership stances. When these are fully inhabited, we have the inner resourcefulness to respond with assurance to just about anything. These stances access an ever-present field of creative possibility that underlies all challenging and stuck places.
The Place of Intuition is home to our emotional IQ, where reliable perceptions of critical non-physical factors inform us through our bodies. The ability to stand in another's shoes, and our spontaneous playful selves reside here.
The Place of Truth is deeply rooted in the earth: practical and honest. Draws clear boundaries, assesses risk and voices what needs to be spoken.
The Place of Perspective is the dispassionate overview that can discern cycles and patterns, reframe problems, learn quickly and embrace complexity.
The Place of Vision and Purpose allows one to see through surface disturbance to the generous and worthy essence of one's own self and the gifts of others. From here we maintain the integrity of the core mission of our endeavors, and hold the continuity of past, present and future.
Each one of these leadership apertures also has a shadow, born of wounds and cultural bias that occludes its full power. With the support of your coach, you will come to fill out our less favored stances and embrace any blind spots, thus strengthening your innate authority to adapt to and thrive in complex, challenging and continually changing environments.
Coaching Objectives are to:
- Provide a robust framework for coaching outcomes.
- Identify your strengths and areas for development.
- Develop your awareness and skills in the behaviors required for high performance and leading high performing teams and organizations.
- Plan your continued learning and development access points and methods.
Typical Content Of Executive Coaching
The models and approaches we would use will depend on the goals agreed between Coach, Coachee and Coachee's manager. Some possible areas of work, for illustration may include:
- Developing strategic thinking
- Translation of strategy into delivery
- Influencing others
- Face-to-face feedback process to generate honest, supportive and challenging dialogue
- A diagnostic questionnaire to assess personal style and impact on others (example: we leverage the Kantor Institute BPP Self-Assessment, as well as other key assessment tools)
- Mapping key relationships for goal achievement
- Understanding blocks to behavior change
- Alignment of purpose/values with impact of actions on others
- How to be a more effective sponsor of significant change initiatives
- Leveraging more wholistic organizational change models
Our Typical Approach
This would be adapted to meet the needs of the individual or organization we are working with.
- We invest time in developing and maintaining an understanding of the context - key drivers and challenges - of the coachee's organization.
- We offer an element of choice regarding Coach pairing relationship to ensure an appropriate 'fit'
- We can secure an early 3-way discussion between the Coachee, their Manager and the Coach. The purpose is to agree to the clear business purpose and focus of the coaching, to enlist the full support of the Manager, to clarify boundaries of confidentiality, and to agree on planned progress conversations.
- We typically agree to an initial contracting session followed by the start of the coaching program: ideally 6 half-day coaching sessions, with the aim of conducting these over a 3-6 month period, as appropriate.
- We agree to the form of support provided between the face-to-face sessions.
- We schedule appropriate diagnostic assessment tools, further reading assignments, or completion of more in-depth psychometric instruments such as 360 degree feedback reports.
- We offer direct ad hoc support from Coach via telephone or email.
- We seek mid-point and final progress reviews of the process itself.
Clients can access CIYO coaches in a number of countries/locations: London, Washington DC, West Coast of the US, Turkey, Belgium, Shanghai, to name a representative sample. This allows coaches and coaches to meet individually as needed, although most of our coaching is done over the telephone or on Skype.
For more information, please email us